Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Paul Stanley- Face the Music:A Life Exposed

Earlier this year I read both Ace Frehley's and Peter Criss' autobiographies. I've been a Kiss fan for almost the entire 40 years they've existed - so I remember a bit of how I felt when they went through so many of the changes and I recall the hype, the press, so much of it.

What I recall of course, is my perspective. What reading these three books gave me, was their perspective. I have to admit, there was a part of me after reading Ace and Peter's books and the whole Rock and Roll hall of fame drama unfolding at the same time, I was prepared to think that maybe Paul Stanley, someone I've always admired, was kind of a dick.

A few weeks ago, I was at dinner with a friends and among the crowd was a musician that worked with Paul Stanley and he had only wonderful things to say about Stanley and his character. then, I read this book and it gave me a sense that maybe Ace and Peter are asshats. Don't get me wrong, I'm still their fan, but their words along with Paul's version kind of make it pretty clear to me that they are pretty jerky and make it hard for me to feel bad about them in any way.

Of course, I have to take this book with a bit of a grain of salt as well, but in general, I found myself believing what I read and gaining a new respect for Stanley completely outside of the scope of his being the guy in Kiss I've know for the past four decades.

I think this is a good read, while there are some things about it that are appealing beyond his fan base, getting to them will require the dedication to read all 450 some pages. For me, it was a no-brainer, I enjoyed it all.

3 comments:

william said...

thanks for posting thi i really like it and its very interesting keep posting more
Surprised by BlackCloud

Slotv9 said...

Slotv9 ผู้ ให้บริการ เกมสล็อตออนไลน์ ลำดับที่หนึ่ง เกมสล็อตออนไลน์ มาแรง 2022 สล็อตออนไลน์ น่าเล่น เกมใหม่ มาแรง ที่พวกเรา ได้คัดสรร มารวมไว้ ที่เดียวให้ท่าน ได้สัมผัส พีจี

raizelle moris said...

I will buy and read it for sure.

New website specials at New Jersey Kitchen Remodel