Friday, January 18, 2008

The Will of Wisteria by Denise Hildreth

The Will of Wisteria was released either late summer or early fall last year but I recently picked it up as a Christmas gift for myself and saved it as my first book of 2008. I was completely surprised when I began the book, having just returned from Charleston, to find out that it was set it...yep, Charleston, SC. With my mind fresh with historical and visual details of the city, I just lost myself in the story.

Set in Charleston, SC, the book follows a year long journey of four self-absorbed and somewhat estranged siblings of the Wilcott. The story begins on the eve of the reading of their father's will as they discover that their inheritance is not going to be as easy to come by as they thought. Demanded to quit their jobs and use their talents to perform pro bono work for a year prior to receiving their inheritance has left them shocked, paranoid, and in disbelief. Determined not to let the other win, they each set out on a very special journey.

Hildreth has the most amazing way of grabbing you and her writing is just so darn smooth. She has really started to develop as a wonderful writer and this book really shows off her talent. I highly recommend this book and I cannot wait to see what else she cooks up in the future.

1 comment:

Denise Hildreth said...

Pam, I know you reviewed my books a while back, but just wanted to thank you for such kind words. So glad you enjoyed both of them. Hopefully you'll enjoy the next one, though as of yet I'm not sure of a release date.

Take Care and thank you again,
Denise Hildreth
www.denisehildreth.com
www.denisehildreth.blogspot.com
www.denisehildreth.typepad.com