Saturday, December 22, 2007

I Killed - True Stories of the Road from America's Top Comics

I am a huge fan of stand-up comedy. Stand-up is an art-form that I am certain most people just don't fully comprehend and I say this as someone who has dared to stand in front of an audience yearning to laugh and being the one who attempted to make that happen.

While I have enjoyed the comedy of many of the performers who contributed, it was really fun, and of course funny (mostly) to read about their life on the road.

I think to most, especially those who've not tried to achieve any measure of success as an entertainer, the perception of life as an entertainer is mostly positive. It's hard for a layperson to see beyond the "success" of a performer. This book does a great job of humanizing the struggle of a performer and taking the reader on a journey as the passenger as they tell of their travels. If you like to laugh and you like stand-up comedy, there's a great chance you'll know many of the more than 2o0 contributors and that you will enjoy this book immensely.

No comments: